Eric recently asked me to make him some hair detangler spray. As his hair is getting longer (due to skipping haircuts thanks to Covid), he’s finding that he needed some form of a detangler.
For this detangler, I added the following to a 4 oz spray bottle:
- 1 Tablespoon of your favorite conditioner
- 6 drops of lavender essential oil
- 6 drops rosemary essential oil
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil
- 6 drops tea tree essential oil
- Fill rest of bottle to the top (leaving room for the spray top)
The conditioner will add slip to your hair to allow untangling and the essential oils keep hair healthy and promote growth.
To use: shake well to mix before use, spray lightly on wet or dry hair, comb through.
Why these oils?
- Lavender oil helps moisturize hair and prevent damage
- Rosemary oil increases blood circulation and stimulates hair follicles
- Peppermint oil strengthens hair roots and lessens hair loss
- Tea Tree helps prevent buildup on hair